Wills, Probate and Trusts
For expert advice on any will or probate matter, please drop in or contact the experienced probate solicitors at Bruce Lance, either at its High Wycombe office or in Poole.
Everyone with assets should make a will. It is the only way you can be certain that your children will be provided for and your assets distributed as you wish. There are many myths surrounding the issue of what happens to your assets should you die without leaving a will. In the absence of a correctly drafted will, it is not the case that your spouse will automatically inherit everything, nor does an unmarried partner have an entitlement. The family home may end up having to be sold and your loved ones may be unintentionally disinherited.
Bruce Lance’s services include an expert and inexpensive will-drafting service that can be tailored to your circumstances and will ensure that your assets go precisely where you want them to. We can also review an existing will or advise on reducing the tax liability of your estate by disposing of assets while alive.
Bruce Lance is also a member of Certainty, the national wills database, giving you the peace of mind that your will can always be located. Our solicitors have been handling wills, probate and powers of attorney for many years. They offer a personal approach designed to ensure that everything goes smoothly at what is often a difficult time for you and your family.
Our experience, knowledge of the law and ability to empathise with our clients’ issues ensures that we build up a mutual trust and respect that has resulted in clients returning to us throughout their lifetimes and recommending other generations of their families to us as well. They enjoy the reassurance that Bruce Lance is a long-standing, traditional firm that can be relied on to resolve any problems.
Bruce Lance offers a comprehensive range of services, including:
- Will drafting
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Court of Protection matters – appointment of deputies
- Administration of estates
- Will reviews
- Tax planning
Bruce Lance has provided specialist advice on wills, probate and trusts of all sizes and complexities, including:
- Piecing together details of an estate where probate had not been applied for in 20 years. Helping the client to find the missing will and deeds and applying to the Inland Revenue for a grant on credit as there was no money readily available to pay inheritance tax.
- Preparing wills for individuals who have separated from their spouses to ensure that a spouse does not inherit in the event of their death.
- Preparing wills to place residential property on trust following the death of the first spouse to ensure property is protected for future generations.
- Advising on deeds of variation within two years of the date of death to ensure best possible outcome for inheritance tax purposes.
- As executors for the deceased, who had no family in the UK, dealing with all aspects of house clearance, donating contents to charities, sale of property, collection of assets, payment of liabilities and distribution of assets to beneficiaries.
- Tailoring a will to ensure that pets are cared and provided for after the death of the owner.
- Setting up a trust for a child in the will of a sole parent.
Promptness, efficiency and courtesy.
Kalpana Curl and her team were approachable and attentive. She provided an excellent service and the resulting outcomes were very satisfactory.
Mrs Curl was sympathetic, friendly and professional. I felt that she was very experienced and knowledgeable.
Thank you again for everything you and your company have done on my mother's behalf in this matter. It was a job well done.
Excellent service in all aspects, kept fully informed at all stages. Great support and advice.
I was unsure about making my will but you made me feel at ease, like talking to my friend.
Kalpana was wonderful and explained everything in great detail.
Responses prompt and professional.