For expert advice on any aspect of employment law, contact the experienced employment solicitors at Bruce Lance, either at its High Wycombe office or in Poole.
As the modern workplace adapts and evolves, so do the requirements of employment legislation. Keeping track of employees’ rights and employers’ obligations can be bewildering, but Bruce Lance’s employment law solicitors can guide you through the minefield. Furthermore, having acted for both employers and employees in the past, we can offer a balanced view. In our experience, many problems can be resolved via mediation, but where litigation is unavoidable we are careful to handle it with sensitivity.
Clearly, in any employment issue, quick and decisive legal action is required. We will work closely with you to fully understand your objectives and to establish the best way of achieving them, both swiftly and cost-effectively.
Bruce Lance enjoys a strong reputation in the High Wycombe and Poole areas, and provides advice to a wide range of organisations, including companies, partnerships and professional practices, owner-managed businesses, educational institutions and charities. Owner-managers without internal HR support value our pragmatic advice, while HR managers appreciate the support we offer them when balancing internal demands for action against the possible risk of litigation.
Our employment department is highly regarded in both the Buckinghamshire and Dorset regions, but is also competitive with larger, City firms, surpassing them in the quality of service we provide. We like to build a relationship with our clients, and they in turn enjoy the reassurance that Bruce Lance is a long-standing, traditional firm that can be relied on to resolve their problems. Whatever the issue, we are committed to providing our clients with clear and practical solutions, as well as ensuring that their working practices remain fit for purpose and legally compliant.
Bruce Lance can assist with a comprehensive range of employment matters, including:
- Contracts of employment
- Employee relations
- Termination of employment
- Employment Tribunals
- Dispute resolution
- HR issues
- Maternity and parental rights
- Restrictive covenants
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Company mergers and acquisitions
- Restructuring and reorganisation
Bruce Lance has provided specialist advice on employment cases of all kinds, including:
- Assisting a school in managing an improvement strategy for members of staff.
- Bringing a claim against a council for failing to deal with an employee fairly.
- Settling a dispute between a charity and a long-term absent employee.
- Advising a religious organisation in relation to an employee stealing from it.
- Advising an employee with a disability in a claim for being unfairly treated.
- Obtaining an injunction against a former employee for taking a client list and contacting clients.