For expert advice on any civil litigation matter, contact the experienced civil solicitors at Bruce Lance, either at its High Wycombe office or in Poole.
Disputes can arise for all sorts of reasons – perhaps because someone has made a mistake or an issue has been overlooked. Effective action to resolve a dispute calls for creative lawyers who are able to match the needs of each case to the strategy most likely to achieve a quick, cost-effective and successful outcome.
Bruce Lance’s civil solicitors take a proactive approach to every case, offering clear guidance on the best way to proceed. Our preference is to resolve matters through negotiation, mediation or arbitration, as these routes are usually less costly and time-consuming than litigation. Sometimes a simple, well-timed letter is all that is required. But while we make every attempt to resolve a dispute without resorting to litigation, we do not baulk at court proceedings where this will deliver the best result for our client. We have extensive experience of issuing and defending court proceedings – both High Court and County Court, depending on the nature and value of the claim.
We like to build a relationship with our clients – it is the best way to ensure that we tailor advice to the particular needs of the case. Our clients appreciate this personal relationship, as well as the fact that Bruce Lance is a long-standing, traditional firm that can be relied on to resolve any problems. Our solicitors’ expertise ensures that any legal process will be completed smoothly and to clients’ expectations. We understand the sensitive nature of any litigation, and handle all client information in the strictest confidence.
Bruce Lance offers expert advice on all types of civil litigation cases, including:
- Contractual disputes
- Professional negligence
- Building disputes
- Property/boundary disputes
- Credit hire disputes
- Contested probate
- Claims against the police
- Computer litigation
- Neighbour disputes
- Consumer problems
- After the event insurance
Bruce Lance has provided specialist advice on civil litigation cases of all kinds, including:
- Acting for and against builders in disputes arising out of contracts, including JCT contracts.
- A successful damages claim against an adjoining property: we succeeded in obtaining an order that repairs be carried out to the adjoining property to prevent future problems.
- Disputes relating to enforcement proceedings brought by the CSA.
- Acting for clients disputing wills and bringing claims under the Inheritance Provisions for Dependents Act.
- A successful claim against insurers to pay for damage when insurers repudiated for alleged breach of policy.
- We have been successful in recovering substantial damages, often after an appeal against the original decision. These have included a serious head injury and assault by a person released from Psychiatric Care, and an assault that resulted in the loss of sight in one eye.
- A partner has been appointed as Deputy of the Court of Protection and manages the financial affairs of clients. We also act as trustees in relation to Trust Funds.
- Claims arising out of property disputes, rights of way and breach of covenant of quiet enjoyment.
- Damages recovered from DVLA when an error in revoking a licence caused a client to prematurely terminate his business.
- Acting for subrogated insurers in relation to a fatal helicopter crash during a post-maintenance test flight.
- Claim for negligence/breach of contract arising out of a fatal helicopter crash in France.
- Claim by minor injured on a bouncy castle which collapsed due to alleged wind force from helicopter.
- Hot air balloon accidents.
- Defended claim arising from a microlight accident.
- Claim arising from alleged head injury on catering trolley in aircraft.
- Slipping injury at airport.
Child Support Agency
Court of Protection
Landlord and Tenant